Body Mapping is a workshop where you explore body sensations by moving or staying still and then express yourself creatively on a body-size canvas by using art material. This is an individual journey with a collective group. See Gallery.
What do you do?
You will be guided step by step.
1. Warm-up; you will be warming up various body parts to start getting in touch with your body.
2. Body Meditation; You will be invited to sit, or stand or lay down to deeply get into a body sensation.
3. With a felt sense in your body, you will put this into a piece of A4 size paper. Then you may share what you have experienced by talking or just showing the picture you have drawn.
4. You will be invited to cut a canvas for your desirable size and then mark a body line with a help of the other person.
5. Once the marking is done, you will start translating the felt sense into colours and objects. You may occasionally come back to a felt body sense as it is important to create a map through your body sense rather than making a “nice” piece of artwork.
Aim of Workshop
The participants may
· Understand about herself better and more positively
· Accept herself / who she is (was)
· Become more self-confident and comfortable about herself
· Become more creative
· Discover a new self
· Comprehend the meaning of body parts
What you need
You need comfortable outfits for moving and also that can be stained.